Sunday, September 16, 2007

Scott Lucas is a cultivated man.

Yes he is. My recent rediscovery of Local H sent me poking around on their website, and I found singer-guitarist-bassist-songwriter-ideas man Soctt Lucas' Top Ten list of last year. Not just Top Ten in music, but Top Ten Everything: TV and cinema as well as singles and albums. I don't know why I assumed that the man's taste runs mostly to Nirvana, the Replacements, and Led Zeppelin; I mean, his lyrics are among the most clever and witty ever penned by an American with a guitar and a fuzz pedal. It turns out that you shouldn't judge a man by the style of his band's music: he likes Justice, Spank Rock, and Simian Mobile Disco!

And HBO's bloody brilliant drama The Wire. His comments on that show and on Ryan Gosling's harrowing performance in Half-Nelson are dead on. I have to say I disagree with his take on the Klaxons though.

You can read the list by following the links here.

No comments: