Monday, March 19, 2007

2007, Re-Birth of Good Dance Music?

I have been following the Pitchforkmedia Forkast since it started. This could be the greatest for up-and-coming music. I was on it, and the people at Pitchfork have been raving about a certain duo, Simian Mobile Disco. These guys are pretty damn kickin'. I'm not going to lie. Their song "It's the Beat" is in disco house hall of fame with Juan Maclean's "Crush The LIberation" and LCD Soundsystem's "Yeah." The song is just killer. Also, it has guest vocals from one of my favorite lead ladies, Ninja from the Go! Team. Now that should catch you attention. Also this year LCD Soundsystem is coming back with a triumph. And we all know how they are prime hip shaking material. !!!( Chk Chk Chk) released an astonishingly good album, to my tastes, filled with epic dance songs. We also have indie-dance darlings The New Young Pony Club coming soon with an album. I am excited for what is all happening with electronic-esque/dance-rock music this year. It has needed a good re-birth. The last decade has been rather dismal. So for now, I'll leave you with this.

No comments: