Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'll Pull a Simon Reynolds

Sorry, school has been getting me this week. Just haven't felt like writing. But have no fear.

I am really digging a few things right now

Panda Bear's Person Pitch: Man, this album is really something. I knew it was going to be an amazing album. It is just filled with so many sounds and textures. It is one of those crossover albums I feel. A lot of people could enjoy it. People into indie rock to electronic music could appreciate this album.

The Good, The Bad, and The Queen: It's pretty obvious I really dig Damon Albarn. I think the man can't make a bad album. He is filled with ideas. He is always a step of ahead of the game. This album is truly what I was asking for with music. It is melodic, spacey, dubby, rhythmic, inventive, soulful, beautiful, and melancholic in a way. People keep saying this but it is true, it is "Waterloo Sunset" meets dub music. I think Damon stole my #1 spot for album of the year.....again.

Nick Cave- Entire Discography: He is another character that is pretty flawless. I can't tell you the amount of entertainment I find in his music. If you aren't moved or utterly floored by this man lyric's, well I don't know what to do with you. He can make you laugh, cry, shake in fear, and many other things. Not to mention, his backing band is pretty good. That guitarist of his, Blixa, is another enjoyable character.

LCD Soundsystem- Sound Of Silver: The new flawless character of my generation, James Murphy. This album is tied with TGTBTQ. He really stepped forward on this album. The production is so tight and perfect. I don't know how he does it, but his drums are so well mic'd.

CHK CHK CHK !!!- Myth Takes: What a groovin album we got here. Man, the drums on this album just pound right through your skull at times. It is just lovely. I was not supposed to like this album, but it is just so damn good. Listen to it. You will be hooked. This will be the Summer party album.

No comments: