All right Mr. Peacock I am taking up your challenge. This will be hard, especially the dancing part.
Top Five Favorite Songs To Dance To
1. LCD Soundsystem - 'Yeah"
2. Juan Maclean- "Crush The Liberation"
3. Sister Nancy- "Bam Bam"
4. Underworld- "Mmm.. Skyscraper I love You"
5. Death In Vegas- "Dirt"
Honorable Mentions- Kraftwerk- "Music Non-Stop", Chemical Brothers- "It Doesn't Matter", Junior Senior- "Shake Yr Coconuts" DFA Remix.
Top Five Political Songs
1. Manic Street Preachers- "Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitworldwouldfallapart"
2. Scott Walker- "The Old Man's Back In Town."
3 The Clash- "Ivan vs G.I Joe"
4. The Fall- "Free Range" that counts right?
5. Asian Dub Foundation- "Committed to Life"
Honorable mentions The Smiths- "Queen is Dead", Max Romeo "War In A Babylon", Junior Murvin- "Police and Thieves", U2- "Bullet the Blue Sky", Gil Scott Heron- "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"
Top Five Lyricists
1. Ian McCulloch (closest thing to a poet ever in rock)
2. Nick Cave (Bloodthirsty old goat)
3. Bono (fuck off hipsters, read his stuff and try to argue with me.)
4. Shaun Ryder (Twistin' My Mellon Man)
5. Damon Albarn (hits the most personal spots)
Honorable Mentions Thom Yorke, Bob Dylan (Duh), Mark E Smith, Moz, Jarvis Cocker, PJ Harvey, Richey James, Nicky Wire.
Top Five Voices
1. Damon Albarn
2. Mark E Smith
3. Ian McCulloch
4. Thom Yorke
5. Nick Cave tied with PJ Harvey
Honorable mentions Scott Walker, Shaun Ryder, Elizabeth Fraser, Bono, John Lydon, James Murphy, Juanita Stein, Junior Murvin, Colin Newman( greatest scream ever on "Reuters")
Top Five MCs
4. Mos Def
Honorable Mentions Big Boi, Andre 3000, Raekwon, Ghostface, MF Doom, Plug
Top Five Dream Songs
1. Spacemen 3- "May the Circle Be Unbroken"
2. Cocteau Twins- "Heaven or Las Vegas"
3. Slowdive- "Souvlaki Space Station"
4. The Delays- "Wanderlust"
5. Doves- "Cedar Room"
Top Five Holy Shit! First Listens to a Song that Knocked You Back
1. The Fall- "Free Range"
2. U2- "Mysterious Ways"
3. Franz Ferdinand- "Take Me Out"
4. Delays- "Long Time Coming" (still beautiful to this day)
5. LCD Soundsystem- "Daft Punk is Playing at My House"
Top Five Parts in Fall Songs
1. The very beginning of "Repetition"
2. That part in "Telephone Thing" where his voice go "ah ah oh ah" (you know the part).
3. The chorus in "Sparta FC"
4. The part in "Eat Y'Self Fitter" when he says "What's A Computer!?" ..."Eat Y'Self Fitter"
5. The ending climax in "Touch Sensitive" when the violins come in.
Top Five Summer Albums
1. The Avalanches- Since I Left You
2. Happy Mondays- Pills Thrills and Bellyaches.
3. PIL- Second Edition
4. Kraftwerk- Minimum Maximum
5. The Fall- 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong
Honorable Mention LCD Soundsystem- Sound of Silver and Self Titled, Primal Scream- Vanishing Point, DJ Shadow- Private Press, Interpol- Turn On The Bright Lights (Afternoon Showers material)
Top Five Albums To Listen To While Driving Around a City At Night
1. Burial- Burial
2. A Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders.
3. DJ Shadow- Endtroducing
4. Radiohead- Kid A
5. Lee "Scratch" Perry- Arkology
Top Five Reasons Why Atlanta Is the Best Place to be in the Summer
1. You can't tell if it's sunny or cloudy
2. Rapturous afternoon thunderstorms
3. Humidity thicker than glue
4. Great Orange Glows at Sunset
5. Live near the most active United States Airport (easy travel)
I know some of the reasons seem weird, but for some reason I love them. I know this isn't a music list, but I thought it would be fun.