Monday, March 19, 2007

This Week in Music

What a week we have ahead of us. I am so excited I can barely contain myself. First we have Panda Bear's solo coming out. This album should be dreamy and just utterly beautiful. Then we got a re-release of J Dilla's Ruff Draft. This should be exciting considering the resurfacing of a great producer's past work that has been discontinued. After that we have the new Modest Mouse. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of them. I certainly appreciate them, but I just could never get into them like a lot of people. But what makes this album special is that Johnny Marr is playing guitar. So hopefully he will do some great things with them. Also El-P is coming out with his sophomore release. His first album was just wonderful. Hopefully it will be a fine follow up even if Trent Reznor makes an appearance. But what really makes this a big big big BIG week in the French Catalogues is the sophomore attempt by LCD Soundystem. My mouth waters just thinking about holding it. I have listened to the album fully on myspace, and I love it so so SO much. That review will come tomorrow though. So get ready world. Go to those CD stores and purchase, and remember to try and make James Murphy's dream come true of being number 1 on Billboard. We can do it. We owe it to him.

No comments: