Saturday, March 10, 2007

High Rotation circa March 2007

Monsieur Catalogues did it, so I figure: why shouldn't I document what I've been listening to recently? I really ought to be passed out asleep right now, but as Lee Mavers once sang...look it up and fill in the lyric yourself. Don't tell me you don't own the La's. Anyway, here's a High Rotation logbook entry, if you will (the ranking is roughly what I think it is, though who knows how many times I've listened to each song):

Songs

1. Grinderman- "Go Tell the Woman"
2. Luke Haines and Orchestra- "Show Girl" (Das Capital version)
3. Vince Guardali- "Linus and Lucy" live with band, somewhere in San Francisco
4. The Automatic- "Recover" (most played on my iTunes)
5. U2- "Zoo Station (Live from Buenos Aires") b-side to "Window in the Skies"
6. The Fall- "It's a Curse"
7. The Automatic- "Raoul" (yes I like them a whole lot)
8. Amy Winehouse- "Tears Dry on their Own"
9. Ian Dury and the Blockheads- "Sex and Drugs and Rock n' Roll" (to remind myself what's imporant in life)
10. Walker Brothers- "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore"
11. Manic Street Preachers- "Elvis Impersonator: Blackpool Pier" live
12. Luke Haines- "Leeds United"
13. Madness- "My Girl"
14. Nirvana- "Turnaround" BBC John Peel Session
15. Camper Van Beethoven- "Take the Skinheads Bowling"

Albums

1. A Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
2. Grinderman- Grinderman
3. The Arcade Fire- Neon Bible
4. Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
5. The Fall- The Unutterable
6. A Tribe Called Quest- People's Instinctive Travels and Rhythmic Pathways
7. The Automatic- Not Accepted Anywhere
8. Pixies- Bossanova
9. Luke Haines- Off My Rocker at the Art School Bop
10. Manic Street Preachers- Everything Must Go tenth anniversary re-issue
11. Pixies- Doolittle
12. Lily Allen- Alright, Still
13. Miles Davis- Kind of Blue
14. The Fall- Reformation Post-TLC
15. The Fall- Fall Heads Roll

No comments: